Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Conference Call, New Articles, and Upcoming Visit to Israel

I’ve been invited to speak about my experiences in Gaza for a monthly conference call organized by Jewish Fast for Gaza. Click here for more information about this group and click here to see Rabbi Brant Rosen’s blog post about the conference call.

The call will take place on Thursday, June 17 at 12 noon EST. That’s 8 p.m. in Gaza and Israel. If any of my blog readers would like to tune in, dial the access number (1-800-920-7487). When prompted, enter the participant code (92247763#). The call will include a question and answer period. A recording of the entire call will appear afterwards on the Jewish Fast for Gaza website.

In other news, I wrote an article for TheNation.com that explores the Israeli military’s untransparent and seemingly prejudiced investigation of Rachel Corrie’s death in the context of the recent tragedy aboard the Mavi Marmara. (In March of this year, before coming to Gaza, I attended the Corrie family’s civil court trial in Haifa, Israel.) Another article of mine about how Gaza’s anti-buffer zone protests have gained new momentum following the flotilla tragedy will soon publish in Global Post. I'll update my blog when these articles are available online.

I may not write any new blog posts until next week because I'm soon headed to Israel. In addition to my work as a freelance journalist, I serve as the summer program director at Hands of Peace, a dialogue camp for Israeli, Palestinian and American teenagers. We'll have our participant orientation in Jerusalem on Friday, and the camp will begin next month in Chicago. While I’m in Israel, I’d be thrilled to meet in person with any community groups or non-profits interested in chatting about life in Gaza—just shoot me an email at ashleybates@comcast.net.

9 comments:

  1. I would like to thnkx for the efforts you have put in writing this web site. I am hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming as well. Actually your creative writing abilities has encouraged me to get my own site now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings quickly. Your write up is a good example of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your writing. Thanks so much, finally a decent website with good information in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is usually so great plus filled with a good time for me personally as well as my business office. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. Thanks for this very useful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post. I want to thank you for this informative read, I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work. Thanks for this very useful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this useful information! Hope that you will continue with

    ReplyDelete
  7. Conference Call with Israel on Thursday will be good to watch out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brad pitt leather jacket obtained from the movie "fight club" has been available here buy it on discounted rates with world
    wide shipping

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of the time, Retro jordan 94 Shoes For Sale people who are in search of the best footwear to buy consider brand AK-47

    ReplyDelete